The Real Stories
Did you know that one of the most important skills you can learn is to figure out how to ask the right questions? It’s true! Time and time again the skill of asking good questions shows up in the books of great business leaders. On this episode of BEFULFILLED, you’ll hear from entrepreneur and author, Ryan Levesque. In his conversation with Tony, Ryan opens up about his definition of success, how he got started in his career, why asking the right questions is so important, lessons he has learned along the way, and much more. Don’t miss a minute of this fascinating episode featuring Ryan’s unique perspective!
Don’t ask “What,” ask, “Who.”
Too often leaders get so focused on which market to target and which products or services to bring to the marketplace without asking the critical question, “Who are we trying to reach?” Do you have a good idea of who your target audience is? The fact is, you can have the best product or service but if you don’t understand your audience and how they operate, you are already dead in the water. If you want to succeed, you’ve got to be willing to buck conventional wisdom and get to know who you want to serve. Learn more about Ryan’s philosophy of asking the right questions by listening to this episode of BEFULFILLED!
If you want to succeed, you’ve got to step out of your comfort zone!
We’ve all heard the saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results,” but the truth is, a lot of smart people are acting insane! How many times have you heard someone in your social circle say that they want to reach an ambitious goal but aren’t willing to put in the work to achieve it? Don’t get lulled into complacency, if you want to succeed, you’ve got to be willing to step outside of your comfort zone! To hear Ryan Levesque expand on this important topic, make sure to catch this episode!
Five Market Must Haves.
One of the best ways to hone in on your unique offering to the marketplace is by exploring multiple options. Sometimes the best way to find the right course of action is by eliminating the bad ones! In his conversation with Tony, Ryan Levesque reveals his, “Five market must-haves.”
- Get into an “Evergreen market,” not a, “Fad market.”
- Make sure you are in an “Enthusiast market,’ not an exclusively “Problem/solution market.”
- Find the “Urgent problem” in your market that you can solve.
- Address “Future problems” in your market.
- Make sure your target audience is “Players with money.”
This is just a quick snapshot of the insights that Ryan has to offer. Have pen and paper ready as Ryan dives deep to unpack and explain each of the “Five market must-haves” in his conversation with Tony – don’t miss it!
Watch out for the comparison trap.
On your journey toward success, you’ve likely run into your fair share of challenges. What are the biggest ones that loom large in your mind? Do you find it challenging to stay motivated? Maybe for you, it’s a challenge to find that balance between work and family life. For many entrepreneurs and business leaders, a common challenge that arises is the comparison trap. This is where you get caught up comparing your business or personal status with the guy or gal next door. Don’t let this happen to you! Remember the old saying, “The grass is greener on the other side of the fence?” Focus on your own lawn and don’t let yourself get stuck! Hear more about avoiding the comparison trap from Ryan Levesque on this powerful episode of BEFULFILLED!
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- [0:50] Tony introduces his guest, Ryan Levesque.
- [2:15] Ryan shares his definition of success and how his career started.
- [4:30] How Ryan got his business off of the ground.
- [9:00] Don’t ask “What,” ask, “Who.”
- [14:20] Giving up “Good” in the pursuit of “Great.”
- [17:10] What are the “Five Market Must Haves?”
- [31:00] Ryan talks about why he got involved with Bucket.io
- [33:30] How to get Ryan’s FREE book and resources.
- [35:40] Don’t get stuck in the comparison trap!
- [37:00] Ryan enters the Fulfillment Round; rapid-fire questions.
Resources & People Mentioned
- Ryan’s FREE book and resources
- Ask: The Counterintuitive Online Method to Discover Exactly What Your Customers Want to Buy
- Choose: The Single Most Important Decision Before Starting Your Business
- Ryan on LinkedIn
- Good to Great
- Jim Collins